Albany Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
Start a Claim with a Free Case Evaluation
The Russell Friedman Law Group, LLP can take some of the stress out of a nursing home abuse case by managing yours on your behalf. We have a long history of representing the wrongfully injured in Albany, including elders who have been abused or neglected in nursing homes and assisted living centers. You can depend on our representation as an elder living in a nursing home or as someone with an elderly family member currently living in such a center. In either situation, we will give your case our full attention in pursuit of justice and maximized compensation.
In a successful nursing home abuse claim, compensation might be awarded for:
- Nursing home residency costs
- Medical treatment costs
- Pain, suffering, and emotional hardship
- Punitive damages to punish the defendant
Want to know more? Please call us at (855) 465-4622 to arrange a no-cost case evaluation with our Albany team.
Different Forms of Nursing Home Abuse
When a caretaker, resident, or even a visiting family member or third party intentionally harms a nursing home resident, it is an act of nursing home abuse. There are many different forms of nursing home abuse, depending on the harmful actions carried out by the offenders.
A few different types of nursing home abuse are:
- Physical: An intentionally violent act against an elderly resident like assault or battery can constitute nursing home abuse. Physical abuse can often be easily identified, such as unexplained bruises or cuts.
- Sexual: There are many stories of elderly residents being sexually assaulted and abused by caretakers who lock them in their rooms without permission. A resident who has been sexually abused will often become afraid when around their assailant.
- Emotional: Belittling, humiliating, or socially isolating a resident can cause emotional and mental anguish that worsens with time. Signs of emotional abuse are usually newly developed anxiety or depression symptoms.
- Financial: Caretakers can steal money from an elderly resident’s wallet, purse, or pocketbook. Or they might coerce a resident into allowing them to use their credit card for private purchases. Financial abuse can be spotted by checking an elder’s financial records for unusual transactions and transfers.
Our law firm is equipped with the knowledge and legal experience required to manage any sort of nursing home abuse claim. You do not need to look anywhere else for legal help once you retain our services because we are capable of handling all aspects of a case, from start to finish.
Dangerous Outcomes of Nursing Home Neglect
Nursing home neglect can be just as dangerous as abuse, which might be surprising because neglect is usually accidental. An overworked, exhausted, or inattentive caretaker can forget to complete certain daily duties, putting some residents at risk of an illness or injury. Or neglect can be more dramatic, such as harm caused over weeks or months of inadequate care because the assisted living center has substandard safety, hygiene, and inspection protocols.
Signs of nursing home neglect can vary, such as:
- Missing medicative doses
- Unclean bedding or clothing
- Unsupervised wanderings
Form Your Case with Our Help
Your nursing home abuse claim should be started sooner than later to not only better preserve evidence of abuse but also to better protect your loved one from further harm. Please call our Albany nursing home abuse lawsuit attorneys at (855) 465-4622 and request a consultation with someone from our law firm. Do not forget to call the authorities first if you think your loved one might be at immediate risk of physical or sexual abuse.
If you prefer, you can fill out an online contact form instead and we will respond as soon as we can.
We’re a client-centered, results-oriented firm. When you work with us, you can have confidence we’ll put your best interests at the forefront of your case – it’s that simple.
Creative & Innovative Solutions
No two cases are the same, and neither are their solutions. Our attorneys provide creative points of view to yield exemplary results.
We have a team of trusted and respected attorneys to ensure your case is matched with the best attorney possible.
Driven By Justice
The core of our legal practice is our commitment to obtaining justice for those who have been wronged and need a powerful voice.