Police misconduct is not limited to acts of police brutality. At The Russell Friedman Law Group, LLP, we handle civil rights cases of every nature, including:
- Police misconduct, brutality, or negligence: If you experienced treatment that is illegal or against police policies, you may be able to file a claim for police brutality.
- Use of excessive force: Excessive force is not only a violation of your rights, but can lead to serious injuries. Learn more about whether you were the victim of excessive force conduct.
- Unlawful / false imprisonment or arrest: If a police officer detained you illegally and detailed you without any legal basis, you may be able to take legal action for false imprisonment,
- Illegal search and seizure: Unreasonable search and seizure refers to when a police officer searches you without a search warrant or without probable cause.
- Racial profiling: It is illegal for police officers to target individuals based on the color of their skin, including for traffic stops, suspect interrogations, etc. If you believe you were racially profiled, talk to our firm to determine your next steps.
- Prisoner abuse: Prisoners still have constitutional rights. If you experienced abuse while in prison or jail, we can help you seek justice.
- Malicious prosecution: When law enforcement officials continually bring criminal charges against an individual without any legal basis, this can be considered malicious prosecution. If you are the victim of malicious prosecution, you may be able to recover damages.
If you or a loved one was harmed at the hands of law enforcement, then we urge you to immediately contact our civil rights law firm for help. The best way to prevent future acts of police misconduct is to seek justice for the ones that have already occurred.
Join us in our fight against police brutality today. Every case we handle is done so with honesty and integrity, making us a top choice for civil rights cases. Contact our civil rights law firm in NYC for a free, no-risk consultation — call (516) 714-5975!