Premises Liability Cases in Hackensack, N.J.
Injured on another party’s premises?
A premises liability case could be filed when an injury or death takes place on property owned by another party. For the case to have merit, it must be proven that the owner of the property was negligent, whether by warning visitors of a hazardous condition on the property or failing to repair a dangerous issue in a timely manner. When filing such a claim, it must be fully proven that the property owner knew, or should have known, that the hazardous condition existed on the property, and failed to act.
Types of Premises Liability Cases in Hackensack
Premises liability claims or lawsuits are filed to pursue compensation in various types of injuries on another party’s property, including:
- Swimming pool accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Trip and fall accidents
- Inadequate security
- Dog bites
- Ice and snow-related falls
- Elevator accidents
- Escalator accidents
Elements in a Premises Liability Case
If you were injured on private, public, government, or commercial property, you may have a premises liability claim. However, certain facts must be established for the claim or lawsuit to be successful. The elements in these cases are:
- Duty of care: The property owner owed you a “duty of care,” or the legal responsibility to ensure you were reasonably safe while on the property.
- Breach: The duty of care was breached due to a failure to address the hazardous condition or situation.
- Causation: The failure on the part of the property owned was the cause of the injuries sustained.
- Damages: The injuries sustained led to damages, such as medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other financial and personal losses.
Types of injuries
A premises liability claim can be filed to pursue fair and full compensation. Common types of serious injuries that can occur on the premises of another party include:
- Drownings (public or private pools)
- Head and brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Disfiguring injuries (dog attacks, assaults)
- Pain and suffering
Your Premises Liability Claim: Our Process at Russell Friedman Law Group
The four elements of a premises liability claim or lawsuit must be supported by evidence, such as images of the hazardous area, the injuries sustained by the victim, interviews with eyewitnesses, and medical information about the medical care provided to attempt to restore health to the injured.
At Russell Friedman Law Group, our process includes crafting a well-documented claim, negotiating the terms of a fair settlement with an insurance company, or taking the injury case to court for resolution, when necessary. As talented and experienced litigators, we are confident, professional, and focused on achieving a positive outcome for the people we represent and take our responsibility to our clients very seriously.
What is a premises liability case worth?
Valuing a premises liability claim is a complex process. Every case is unique, and every factor must be carefully reviewed to determine the value of the compensation pursued. The types of damages sought will include:
- Economic damages: The hard costs associated with the injuries are calculated, including the costs of medical care and treatment, rehabilitation, transportation, lost wages, lost earning capacity, and other financial losses.
- Non-economic damages: A serious injury involves pain and suffering, and may involve reduced quality of life, emotional anguish, and can tragically impact the ability to provide emotional support and intimacy. These losses are given a dollar value, which in serious injury cases, is generally very high in value.
Why choose Russell Friedman Law Group?
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured on another’s premises, it can be a tragic and frightening situation, and it may be difficult to know where to turn for legal help. At Russell Friedman Law Group, our legal team has achieved an exceptional record of positive outcomes. Every case taken on is given the attention it deserves.
We are client-focused and honored to have achieved a reputation for legal excellence. For experienced, compassionate representation from a personal injury lawyer who is driven to achieve results, we invite you to contact us to discuss your situation. All cases are taken on a contingency fee basis, with no legal fees unless we are successful.
Contact Russell Friedman Law Group at (201) 654-0023 for a free consultation regarding your premises liability injury case in Hackensack, NJ.
We’re a client-centered, results-oriented firm. When you work with us, you can have confidence we’ll put your best interests at the forefront of your case – it’s that simple.
Creative & Innovative Solutions
No two cases are the same, and neither are their solutions. Our attorneys provide creative points of view to yield exemplary results.
We have a team of trusted and respected attorneys to ensure your case is matched with the best attorney possible.
Driven By Justice
The core of our legal practice is our commitment to obtaining justice for those who have been wronged and need a powerful voice.