Hackensack Product Liability Lawyers
Fighting to Hold Negligent Manufacturers & Distributors Accountable
Every day, we use hundreds of products to navigate our lives. We rely on our cars, our cell phones, our household appliances, and every other product we use to work effectively and safely. However, when product manufacturers and distributors allow dangerous and defective product onto the consumer market, innocent people can be seriously hurt.
If you were injured or if your loved one was killed as a result of a defective product, you could have grounds to file a product liability claim. Under product liability laws, manufacturers and others involved in the chain of product creation and distribution can be held legally liable for the harm and damages their faulty products cause. You could be entitled to financial compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, disability, pain and suffering, and emotional distress.
Contact The Russell Friedman Law Group, LLP to learn more during a free initial consultation with one of our Hackensack product liability lawyers.
What Makes a Product Defective?
It’s important to note that there is a difference between a product that poses risks to users and a product that is defective. Just because a product could cause harm, this does not mean that product is defective.
In order for a product to be considered defective, it must have some flaw in its design or a defect that occurred during the actual production of the product. Additionally, a product can be defective if it lacks proper safety warnings, instructions, or other labels that warn users of potential risks.
Generally speaking, product defects fall into the following three categories:
- Defective Design: A product has a defective design if the risks of using the product outweigh the benefits. When there is a defective design, the product is unreasonably unsafe for normal, typical consumer use.
- Defective Manufacturing: Manufacturing defects occur when the product was properly designed but a flaw is introduced during production, causing the product to not work properly or to become unreasonably unsafe.
- Defective Labels: If a product does not contain proper warnings regarding potential risks, side effects, or dangers, it could be considered defective. The same is true if the product lacks instructions for use.
The type of defect a product has typically indicates which entity is liable for any resulting damages. For example, a manufacturer is most likely liable for manufacturing defects, whereas a distributor could be held liable for labeling defects, and so on.
Types of Product Liability Cases We Handle
The Russell Friedman Law Group, LLP represents injured victims in all types of product liability cases. We also represent families who have lost loved ones in tragic accidents caused by defective products.
Some examples of product liability cases we handle include claims involving:
- Auto defects, such as defective tires, seatbelts, airbags, engines, or vehicle design
- Household products and appliances
- Children’s products, such as car seats, cribs, and toys
- Dangerous and defective pharmaceutical drugs and medical devices
- Contaminated food and produce, leading to food poisoning
- Construction defects, leading to structure collapses and other accidents
- Defective industrial products and tools/equipment
If you were harmed as a result of any type of defective product, tool, equipment, or item, our Hackensack product liability lawyers can help.
Contact The Russell Friedman Law Group, LLP Today
Our attorneys understand that no amount of financial compensation can undo the traumatic experience you have endured. However, a successful product liability claim can provide you with the resources you need to obtain effective medical treatment, heal, and move forward with your life.
The first step in your recovery is reaching out to the experienced legal team at The Russell Friedman Law Group, LLP. We offer complimentary consultations and contingency fees, meaning we only collect attorneys’ fees if and when we win your case.
Request your free initial case evaluation with our team today by calling (201) 654-0023 or by contacting us online.
We’re a client-centered, results-oriented firm. When you work with us, you can have confidence we’ll put your best interests at the forefront of your case – it’s that simple.
Creative & Innovative Solutions
No two cases are the same, and neither are their solutions. Our attorneys provide creative points of view to yield exemplary results.
We have a team of trusted and respected attorneys to ensure your case is matched with the best attorney possible.
Driven By Justice
The core of our legal practice is our commitment to obtaining justice for those who have been wronged and need a powerful voice.