Manchester Car Accidents
Car accidents are on the rise nationwide. In 2020, the most recent year for which statistics are available, 38,824 people were killed and an estimated 2.28 million were injured in traffic crashes on U.S. roadways, as reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). In New Hampshire alone, 104 fatalities and 504 serious injuries were caused by motor vehicle accidents, according to the Department of Transportation (NH DOT). If you have been seriously injured in a Manchester car accident, you are entitled to seek compensation for your losses.
What Are the Different Types of Car Accidents?
Vehicles can collide or wreck in several different ways. Common types of car accidents in Manchester include:
- Rear-end collisions: This type of crash occurs when the driver behind runs into the back of the vehicle ahead. Rear-end accidents are common when a driver is distracted or following too closely to another vehicle.
- T-bone accidents: Also known as side-impact crashes, T-bone collisions occur when a car smashes into the side of another vehicle. This type of crash is common in intersections when a driver runs a red light or turns left into an oncoming vehicle.
- Head-on collisions: This occurs when two vehicles collide head on, usually when a driver crosses the median or goes the wrong way down a one-way street. Although less common than other types of accidents, head-on collisions are among the deadliest.
- Rollovers: This happens when a car rolls over and lands on its side or roof in a crash. Fatalities are more common in rollover accidents.
- Single-vehicle collisions: Some wrecks involve only one vehicle. Single-vehicle collisions can occur when a driver runs off the road, rolls over, or crashes into a tree or other stationary object.
What Are the Main Causes of Car Accidents?
Car accidents have many contributing factors, most of which involve driver error. Common causes include:
- Speeding: In 2020, traffic crashes that involved speeding killed 11,258 people, as stated by NHTSA. Speeding is one of the leading causes of death in this country.
- Impaired driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs puts everyone on the road at risk. Every day, 32 people in the U.S. die in drunk-driving crashes, according to NHTSA.
- Distracted driving: Any activity that diverts attention away from driving is distracted driving. In 2020, more than 3,000 people were killed in distracted driving accidents, as reported by NHTSA.
- Fatigued driving: Drowsiness affects a driver’s reaction time, awareness of hazards, and ability to sustain attention. Fatigued drivers are three times more likely to be involved in a car accident, according to the National Safety Council (NSC).
- Aggressive driving: This can be defined as a combination of moving traffic offenses that endanger other people or property. Aggressive drivers may speed excessively, change lanes abruptly and unsafely, cut other drivers off, follow too closely, fail to yield the right-of-way, and run through red lights and stop signs.
How Do You Recover Compensation for a Car Accident in Manchester?
New Hampshire is an at-fault state for car accidents. If you have been involved in a crash caused by another driver, you have the options of filing a first-party claim with your own insurance company or filing a third-party claim with the other driver’s insurance company. You are also entitled to file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver.
Our Manchester personal injury lawyers at Russell Friedman Law Group have decades of experience handling car accident claims. We are known for our results-driven representation and for putting our clients’ best interests first.
After a serious car accident, call us at (603) 716-9415 to schedule a free consultation. We can help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
We’re a client-centered, results-oriented firm. When you work with us, you can have confidence we’ll put your best interests at the forefront of your case – it’s that simple.
Creative & Innovative Solutions
No two cases are the same, and neither are their solutions. Our attorneys provide creative points of view to yield exemplary results.
We have a team of trusted and respected attorneys to ensure your case is matched with the best attorney possible.
Driven By Justice
The core of our legal practice is our commitment to obtaining justice for those who have been wronged and need a powerful voice.