The Russell Friedman Law Group, LLP specializes in No-Fault collections, consulting, and compliance. We are the largest provider of legal services to New York State hospitals in this specialized area. To date, we have recovered over $100,000,000.00 for our clients on their unpaid/underpaid No-Fault claims. 
At present, we represent over 60 hospitals, 100 physician practices, 30 EMS providers, as well as ambulatory surgery centers and radiology practices. We have developed protocols and systems specifically designed to maximize voluntary payments received and, in the event of a refusal or failure to pay, to pursue post-denial recovery. Our one-of-a-kind proprietary software gives us the capacity to handle the high volume of No-Fault claims that are referred to us for arbitration. We seek recovery on all viable bills, no matter the size, setting us apart from other No-Fault collection firms. Additionally, we provide our clients with “the next step”, identifying other avenues for potential collection when reimbursement cannot be obtained from the No-Fault carrier.
For those healthcare providers that have not previously had representation in this area, there is the possibility of obtaining recovery on unpaid/underpaid bills that are up to six years old. Furthermore, once a claim is filed in arbitration, statutory interest begins to accrue at the rate of 2% per month (i.e., 24% per year). As such, by conducting an analysis of a new client’s aged Accounts Receivable (AR) and identifying denials that are ripe for arbitration, we have the ability to turn prior write-offs into income.
Who We Represent?
- Hospitals – ranging from small community critical access hospitals to the largest health system in New York State.
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Ambulance/EMS Providers
- Radiology Practices
- Internal Medicine
- Pain Management
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapists
- Acupuncturists and Chiropractors
- Suppliers of Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
What Services Do We Provide?
The lawyers of The Russell Friedman Law Group, LLP provide collection, consulting, and compliance services. However, from time to time, a practice will receive notices and lawsuits that are unique to No-Fault, and which require the assistance of counsel familiar with all aspects of No-Fault and secondary billing. Our attorneys are well versed in and routinely handle these issues, some of which are outlined below. We are All Things No-Fault.
- Restitution/Subrogation Lawsuits - If a healthcare provider mistakenly bills an MVA related claim to a secondary payer and receives payment, said provider may later receive a lawsuit seeking restitution. These types of lawsuits may be commenced by the patient, the secondary payer (i.e., Medicare, Medicaid, etc.), or by a third-party subrogation company, like The Rawlings Company.
- Examinations Under Oath (EUO) and Verification Requests
- On-site Inspections
- Article 75s, De Novo, and Declaratory Judgment Actions
- Civil RICO Defense
- Corporate counsel services: corporate formation, vendor contracts, compensation agreements, and lease negotiations.
- Interaction with the Department of Financial Services (DFS) and American Arbitration Association (AAA) on issues impacting our clients.
 Attorney Advertising. Past Results Do Not Guarantee Future Outcomes.