Car Defect Attorney in New York, New Jersey & New Hampshire
Experienced Attorneys for Auto Defect Lawsuits
Vehicle owners have a reasonable expectation that their automobile will run properly. In addition to this, there are laws in place that require carmakers and manufacturers to ensure their products are safe, and to recall products that have dangerous designs or defects. When problems that are inherent with the car's system are exposed, whether while driving under normal conditions or during an accident, the driver and passengers inside are at risk of suffering severe injuries and even death.
If you were seriously injured in a vehicle accident and have reason to believe that the injuries were the result of a safety defect, you may have cause for legal action. The Russell Friedman Law Group, LLP can help you hold negligent car manufacturers accountable through a product liability claim. Contact our New York product liability attorneys for a free case review to learn more about your rights and options.
Begin filing an injury claim! Free case evaluations are available when you call (855) 465-4622.
Have You Suffered Injury Due to Vehicle Defects?
Not all crashes are the result of bad driving. In fact, negligence can start long before a car hits the road, such as during the design and manufacturing process. According to the National Traffic Highway Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than 30,000 people died in car accidents in 2009. In 2014, The Washington Post announced that one in five cars produced that year had a defect, more than any previous year.
Some examples of defects in automobiles that can cause serious injury or death include:
- Steering Wheels & Brakes – Steering wheel and brake failures can cause drivers to lose control of the vehicle, which may lead to devastating single or multi-car accidents.
- Accelerators – An accelerator defect can cause the vehicle to speed up, even when the driver applies the brakes or uses the emergency brake.
- Tire Defects – Tire defects are among the most common types of manufacturing flaws. Cracked or faulty defects can lead to tire blowouts, accidents, and serious injuries.
- Airbag Defects – There are two types of airbag defects: airbags that deploy with no cause and airbags that fail to deploy during accidents.
- Seatbelt Failures – If a seatbelt fails to function properly during an accident, passengers could suffer serious injuries or death.
- Design defects – This can include defects in the car frame, door, glass, or overall design of the vehicle parts.
- System Failures – Failures of accident avoidance systems or the ignition can also be the fault the manufacturer.
Defects in vehicles are able to occur at numerous stages of the design process, from the creation stage to the manufacturing stage. When our car defect lawyers in New York go to work for you, we will create a thorough and detailed case. From examining police and witness reports to recreating the scene of the accident, we will do everything in our power to obtain all the evidence necessary to prove that the vehicle has a defect, and that the defect caused you significant injury.
We Seek Maximum Compensation for Injury Victims
At The Russell Friedman Law Group, LLP, our goal is to help you receive the maximum amount of compensation that you deserve and return to normal daily life as best as possible. We will guide you through the claims-filing process so that you remain aware of the various options that are available to you. You and your loved ones don't have to face this stressful situation on your own.
Learn more about your rights when you speak to our dedicated legal team.
We’re a client-centered, results-oriented firm. When you work with us, you can have confidence we’ll put your best interests at the forefront of your case – it’s that simple.
Creative & Innovative Solutions
No two cases are the same, and neither are their solutions. Our attorneys provide creative points of view to yield exemplary results.
We have a team of trusted and respected attorneys to ensure your case is matched with the best attorney possible.
Driven By Justice
The core of our legal practice is our commitment to obtaining justice for those who have been wronged and need a powerful voice.