Rochester Car Accidents Attorney
Car accidents have become a fact of life in the 21st Century. No matter how diligently you drive, there is always the risk of being involved in a crash caused by someone else’s negligence. Injured traffic crash victims in Rochester are entitled to seek compensation for the losses they have suffered.
How Common Are Car Accidents?
- An estimated 5,215,071 nonfatal traffic crashes occurred on U.S. roads in the most recent year for which statistics are available, as reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- An estimated 2,282,015 people were injured in these accidents.
- 38,824 people were killed in traffic crashes nationwide.
- Speeding and alcohol-impaired driving-related fatalities increased over the previous year.
What Are the Causes of Car Accidents in Rochester?
Many car accidents in New York and across the nation result from human error or negligence. Common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving: Driver distraction is anything that takes the driver’s attention away from operating the vehicle. It may involve texting or talking on the phone, conversations with passengers, eating, drinking, grooming, or even changing the radio station.
- Speeding: In 2020, 11,258 people were killed in crashes in which speeding was involved, as stated by NHTSA. Speeding puts everyone on the road at risk.
- DUI: Driving under the influence of alcohol is a leading cause of traffic crashes, injuries, and fatalities. Every day, approximately 32 people in the U.S. die in drunk driving crashes, according to the NHTSA.
- Teen drivers: Immaturity and inexperience can be a dangerous combination. Crash rates of teenage drivers per mile driven are nearly four times those of drivers 20 and older, as stated by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
- Tailgating: Many car accidents occur because a driver was following another vehicle too closely. Tailgating can be particularly dangerous at highway speeds.
- Disregarding traffic signals: Running red lights or stop signs can lead to deadly collisions. Drivers who disregard traffic signals and signs can plow into other vehicles traveling legally through an intersection.
- Unsafe lane changes: Drivers who weave in and out of traffic at high speeds are a threat to everyone on the road. Reckless lane changes can be particularly dangerous when drivers fail to check their blind spots or pass too closely to another vehicle.
- Failure to yield the right-of-way: Right-of-way is the right to proceed before another vehicle. It comes into play at four-way stops, crosswalks, traffic circles, yield signs, and when merging onto a freeway. When a driver does not allow a vehicle with the right-of-way to proceed, it can result in a wreck.
What Are Your Options After a Car Accident in Rochester?
If you were injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to recover damages. Under New York no-fault insurance rules, you will need to seek compensation from your own insurance company. It is important to remember that insurance companies are in business for profit and primarily concerned with their own bottom line. Your insurer may try to get you to accept a lowball offer that will not cover the full value of your claim. It is in your best interests to consult with an experienced car accident attorney before accepting any offer from an insurance company.
Why Choose Us?
Our Rochester personal injury lawyers at the Russell Friedman Law Group have extensive experience handling car accident claims. We are your legal allies after a crash in New York. Our team of trusted attorneys have the knowledge, skills, and resources to effectively pursue the compensation you deserve after a serious car accident caused by someone else’s negligence.
Contact us today at (585) 245-0255 to schedule a free consultation and find out what we can do for you.
We’re a client-centered, results-oriented firm. When you work with us, you can have confidence we’ll put your best interests at the forefront of your case – it’s that simple.
Creative & Innovative Solutions
No two cases are the same, and neither are their solutions. Our attorneys provide creative points of view to yield exemplary results.
We have a team of trusted and respected attorneys to ensure your case is matched with the best attorney possible.
Driven By Justice
The core of our legal practice is our commitment to obtaining justice for those who have been wronged and need a powerful voice.