Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Fort Lee, NJ
Motorcycle accidents are among the most dangerous of all vehicle crashes. The motorcyclist is thrown from the bike, onto the roadway, and may be subjected to secondary impacts from moving vehicles nearby. Even the sturdiest helmet and most protective leather gear can protect against the force of impact with the road.
Some riders survive such an incident, while others are so seriously injured that they are unable to recover and pass away due to the injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident in Fort Lee, you are facing an uphill battle – the legal issues surrounding seeking compensation should be addressed with the assistance of a dedicated, experienced attorney. This allows you to be confident your right to fair compensation is protected by a professional.
Common Types of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are frighteningly common in the state of New Jersey, and frequently occur in the Fort Lee area, whether on the highways or city streets. The most common types of motorcycle accident include:
- Drunk driving accidents
- Left-turn collisions
- Head on collisions
- Rear-end accidents at stop lights and stop signs
- Distracted driver accidents
- Unsafe lane changes
Motorcycle Accidents: Injuries and Deaths
The State of New Jersey Department of Law & Public Safety reports on the number of motorcycle accidents in the state each year. In the most recently reported year, the agency reports 53 motorcycle fatalities, with more than half occurring at intersections, with more than two-thirds the results of a vehicle driving failing to see the motorcyclist. The agency further reports that if you are involved in a motorcycle crash in the state, there is an 82 percent chance of suffering an injury.
Types of Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
The injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident are often very serious, catastrophic, or fatal. The types of injuries inflicted on a rider who hits the pavement include the following:
- Traumatic brain injury: Even with a state-approved helmet, the impact with the roadway is so forceful that the brain shakes back and forth, ripping tissues, and causing severe injuries, which may lead to permanent impairments, or a long road to recovery requiring months or longer.
- Spinal cord injury: The impact with the roadway can damage the spinal cord, leaving the rider paralyzed, whether paraplegia or quadriplegia.
- Neck injury: The uncontrolled, violent impact with the road surface can affect the tissues, muscles, tendons, and ligaments of the neck, which can be very difficult to successfully treat.
- Back injury: A motorcycle accident may cause a serious back injury that is extremely painful, affecting mobility, and requiring extensive medical care and rehabilitation treatments.
- Joint injury: Hips, shoulders, wrists, and knees can be severely damaged due to impact with the road.
- Amputations: A limb that is severely injured may be impossible to restore and require amputation.
- Severe lacerations: As the body of the rider skids down the road, the skin, tissues, and muscles suffer deep lacerations that are prone to severe infections and may lead to permanent disfigurement.
- Broken bones: The impact with the roadway puts such force on the skeletal structure that one or more bones can be fractured, in several places, requiring several surgeries to repair, and leaving the victim with long-term consequences.
Your Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Fort Lee: Quality and Experience Matter.
After a motorcycle accident, a claim or lawsuit can be filed to seek full compensation for all damages. The amount pursued must be valued by a professional in the field. At the Russell Friedman Law Group, we have a passion for justice, and a reputation for legal excellence. For results-driven legal counsel you can trust to devote all the time and energy necessary to your case, we urge you to connect with us to discuss your case. All personal injury cases are taken on a contingency fee basis – no fees unless we are successful. As powerful litigators with extensive experience, you can trust that we go the distance for the people we serve.
Contact Russell Friedman Law Group at (201) 654-0023 if you or a loved one was a victim in a motorcycle accident in the area.
We’re a client-centered, results-oriented firm. When you work with us, you can have confidence we’ll put your best interests at the forefront of your case – it’s that simple.
Creative & Innovative Solutions
No two cases are the same, and neither are their solutions. Our attorneys provide creative points of view to yield exemplary results.
We have a team of trusted and respected attorneys to ensure your case is matched with the best attorney possible.
Driven By Justice
The core of our legal practice is our commitment to obtaining justice for those who have been wronged and need a powerful voice.