Rochester Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
Filing Claims Against Nursing Homes & Assisted Living Centers
The Russell Friedman Law Group, LLP in Rochester can be trusted with your most sensitive personal injury claims, including nursing home abuse cases. We have years of collective experience and familiarity with local nursing homes and assisted living centers. Turn our insight into your advantage by allowing us to represent you and your elderly loved one who has been abused or neglected.
Dial (585) 245-0255 to set a consultation with our law firm.
What Does Nursing Home Abuse Look Like?
Nursing home abuse can take many forms, which sometimes makes it difficult to realize anything wrong is even happening. The problem is exacerbated by the fact that many elders do not want to speak up against their abuser out of fear or cannot speak up due to memory issues or speech impediments. It might be up to you to know about the different types of nursing home abuse and how to recognize their telltale warning signs.
Four of the main types of nursing home abuse are:
- Physical: Violent caretakers and residents might resort to physically assaulting helpless elderly residents in this heinous form of nursing home abuse.
- Sexual: In some disturbing cases, a caretaker may sexually assault an elderly resident who is unable to provide consent or stop the encounter.
- Social or emotional: When an elderly resident is intentionally excluded from group activities or prevented from talking with their loved ones, it can constitute emotional abuse that causes mental health difficulties like anxiety or depression.
- Financial: Stealing from or exploiting an elder in a nursing home is another form of abuse, which is often carried out by caretakers who know where the elder keeps a purse or checkbook.
Remember to call our law firm as soon as you can after you suspect your elderly loved one is being abused in their nursing home and you know they are currently safe. If you are worried that they might be at risk of immediate physical or sexual abuse, then you should call the authorities first.
Real Dangers of Nursing Home Neglect
Nursing home neglect is separate from nursing home abuse in that the harm caused is unintentional. However, unintentional harm is still harm, and it can still be severe enough to cause lasting injuries or life-threatening complications. Neglect is also enough to warrant a nursing home neglect claim or lawsuit in pursuit of fair damages and compensation.
Your elderly loved one might be struggling with nursing home neglect if they are:
- Malnourished or dehydrated
- Not receiving all their required medication
- Complaining of bedsores
- Feeling isolated or forgotten
Take Action Today for a Better Tomorrow
The sooner you can address nursing home abuse, the better things can be for your elderly loved one. Please contact our firm in Rochester at your first opportunity to let us know what is going on. During an initial case evaluation, we can tell you what should be done next.
You can also call (585) 245-0255 to speak with an attorney directly.
We’re a client-centered, results-oriented firm. When you work with us, you can have confidence we’ll put your best interests at the forefront of your case – it’s that simple.
Creative & Innovative Solutions
No two cases are the same, and neither are their solutions. Our attorneys provide creative points of view to yield exemplary results.
We have a team of trusted and respected attorneys to ensure your case is matched with the best attorney possible.
Driven By Justice
The core of our legal practice is our commitment to obtaining justice for those who have been wronged and need a powerful voice.