Manchester Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
Claims Against Negligence Nursing Homes in New Hampshire
Has your elderly loved one suffered due to the neglectful care of a nursing home in Manchester, New Hampshire? The Russell Friedman Law Group, LLP can help you file a claim against the nursing home and its management company. Money cannot undo the harm that has been done, but it can help protect your loved one from further abuse by allowing you to move them to a better living space. Lawsuits also send a message to nursing home companies that inadequate care and abuse are unacceptable, so we encourage you to call us at (855) 465-4622 today.
Contact our firmat your next opportunity to talk about filing a nursing home abuse and neglect claim or lawsuit.
Examples of Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
Nursing home abuse and neglect are not always outwardly noticeable. Many forms of abuse are subtle and purposely hidden by those who conduct it. Abuse victims are also likely to become afraid to speak up out of fear of further abuse, and many elders cannot accurately remember incidents of abuse to ever make a report. To identify and stop nursing home abuse and neglect, visiting family members need to be aware of the various kinds of abuse and pay attention to the signs that something wrong is happening.
Nursing home abuse can take several forms, including:
- Physical: Striking, hitting, pushing, or otherwise intentionally harming a nursing home resident is physical abuse.
- Sexual: Sexually assaulting elderly residents is not unheard of in many nursing homes. In many cases, caretakers who have not undergone a thorough background check are those who carry out acts of sexual violence against helpless residents.
- Emotional: Intentionally leaving an elder alone or out of social activities is a particularly subtle yet harmful form of emotional abuse.
- Financial: Stealing from a nursing home resident – like taking money from their wallet or convincing them to provide finances for personal gain – is financial abuse.
Neglect is similar to abuse in that it harms the resident, but it is different in that malicious intent is not a factor. When a caretaker or nursing home staff member fails to stay atop their duties, they can inadvertently neglect residents in need and cause serious harm, like dehydration, bedsores, and more. A neglected nursing home resident can also experience severe emotional pain due to the constant feeling of being forgotten or ignored.
Is Nursing Home Abuse Medical Malpractice?
Nursing home abuse can be considered as a type of medical malpractice if the abuse or neglect is done by a medical professional and involves medical considerations. For example, if a nursing home attendant forgets to give a resident their daily medication and the resident suffers a medical episode because of it, then it could be medical malpractice.
Nursing homes are different from assisted living centers in that nursing homes can hire medically trained staff members like nurses and onsite doctors. If your loved one was hurt in a nursing home, not an assisted living center, then there could be deeper elements to your nursing home abuse claim than what you first expected. Be sure to work with a legal team as experienced as ours to get a full understanding of what needs to be done to maximize your claim’s potential.
Benefits of a Successful Nursing Home Abuse Claim
Our goal is to make your nursing home abuse claim as successful as possible. A good case result could mean better things for your family and your community.
A successful nursing home abuse or neglect claim can:
- Compensate your family: You and your family could receive compensation to pay for nursing home costs, medical bills, and pain and suffering if your nursing home abuse claim ends successfully. Securing a monetary victory can help bring a sense of justice, closure, and peace of mind after such a trying time.
- Penalize the nursing home: The evidence used to prove the abuse or neglect occurred could be convincing enough to allow a state-run agency to take corrective actions against the nursing home.
Your Loved Ones Deserve Fantastic Legal Representation
When your elderly loved one has been pained and tormented by abuse or neglect in a nursing home, it might be up to you to set things right. Let The Russell Friedman Law Group, LLP and our Manchester, New Hampshire nursing home abuse lawyers help you on the legal path ahead of you. It would be our honor to secure maximum compensation in your name while also bringing attention to a serious problem at a nursing home that needs to be corrected as soon as possible.
Schedule an initial case evaluationwith our firm today.
We’re a client-centered, results-oriented firm. When you work with us, you can have confidence we’ll put your best interests at the forefront of your case – it’s that simple.
Creative & Innovative Solutions
No two cases are the same, and neither are their solutions. Our attorneys provide creative points of view to yield exemplary results.
We have a team of trusted and respected attorneys to ensure your case is matched with the best attorney possible.
Driven By Justice
The core of our legal practice is our commitment to obtaining justice for those who have been wronged and need a powerful voice.