Derry Employment Law Attorneys
Representing New Hampshire Workers’ Rights
If you believe your rights as an employee in the state of New Hampshire have been violated by an employer or another party, turn to the experienced legal team at The Russell Friedman Law Group, LLP. Our Derry employment law attorneys are extensively experienced in all aspects of the law and have successfully handle wage and hour disputes, wrongful termination cases, and claims involving workplace discrimination and harassment. We understand the unique challenges you are facing and are here to help you pursue the justice you deserve.
Schedule a free, confidential consultation by calling our Derry, NH office at (603) 556-8666 or by contacting us online today.
New Hampshire Employment Laws
All workers have certain rights protected under both federal and state laws. As an employee in the state of New Hampshire, it’s important that you are aware of and understand your rights so that you can protect yourself from unlawful employer conduct.
Below is a brief overview of New Hampshire employment laws:
- Minimum Wage: All workers in New Hampshire are entitled to receive minimum wage (with some exceptions for tipped workers). The current minimum wage in New Hampshire as of 2020 is $7.25/hour.
- Overtime: All non-exempt workers in New Hampshire are entitled to receive overtime pay at a rate of 1.5 times their normal rate of pay for all work conducted beyond 40 hours in a single work week.
- Compensable Hours: All workers in New Hampshire have the right to be paid wages for any and all hours worked, including any hours worked outside of typical and/or scheduled work hours (for hourly workers).
- Breaks: Employees may not work five or more consecutive hours without a 30-minute or longer meal break or the employee must be paid while eating (if a 30-minute break cannot be guaranteed). Any additional break lasting no longer than 20 minutes must be paid.
- Wrongful Termination: Although New Hampshire is an at-will state, meaning an employer can fire an employee for virtually any reason (including no reason), no employee may be fired based on discriminatory or retaliatory reasons.
Additionally, in accordance with federal laws, employers are prohibited from discriminating against or harassing employees based on any protected class, including race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, age, disability, or genetic information. Sexual harassment is also unlawful under federal statutes.
What to Do If You Believe Your Rights Have Been Violated
If you believe that your rights have been violated by an employer or some other person or party, you can report the violation to the New Hampshire Department of Labor. Next, contact an experienced employment law attorney. An attorney can not only help you with your lawsuit by gathering all applicable evidence and submitting necessary documents, but he or she can also ensure that your rights and best interests are protected throughout the process.
Taking on an employer or large corporation on your own can be incredibly difficult and overwhelming. The right legal team can make all the difference in the outcome of your case.
Reach Out to Our Team Today
Whether your employer failed to provide adequate meal breaks, failed to pay you overtime, or retaliated against you, The Russell Friedman Law Group, LLP can help. We are dedicated to seeking justice on behalf of wronged workers and fighting to hold unjust employers accountable for their unlawful conduct. Our Derry employment law attorneys have an in-depth understanding of all applicable state and federal laws and can help you understand your legal rights.
There is no fee when you work with our team unless/until we win your case. We provide free initial consultations and are available 24/7 to assist you.
Call our office today at (603) 556-8666 to schedule your complimentary case evaluation.
We’re a client-centered, results-oriented firm. When you work with us, you can have confidence we’ll put your best interests at the forefront of your case – it’s that simple.
Creative & Innovative Solutions
No two cases are the same, and neither are their solutions. Our attorneys provide creative points of view to yield exemplary results.
We have a team of trusted and respected attorneys to ensure your case is matched with the best attorney possible.
Driven By Justice
The core of our legal practice is our commitment to obtaining justice for those who have been wronged and need a powerful voice.